Re: Is this statement correct?

on 12:55 Thu 17 Feb, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. (bss@iguanasuicide.net) wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2011 12:44:05 Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> > LILO was an earlier bootloader.  For Linux.  Hence:  LInux LOader.
>
> It was a successor to LoadLin, a program to LOAD LINux.

That is a DOS executable:  LOADLIN.EXE.  I'm not sure if the two were
related or had a precursor/successor relationship.

Useful for multi-booting Linux with Windows (DOS or NT-based) which I
did briefly back in the day.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power