Re: Is this statement correct?

on 17:37 Thu 17 Feb, Lisi (lisi.reisz@gmail.com) wrote:
> Is this statement correct?  It comes in the textbook for a course I am doing.

1:  Why does this matter?

> <quote>
> Grub (Grand Unified Bootloader) is the boot program of the GNU project.
> </quote>
>
> If so, where does LILO fit in?

2:  The GNU project != Linux.

(The GNU project refers to "Linux" as an OS very consistently as
"GNU/Linux", unless they are referring specifically to the Linux
kernel).

LILO was an earlier bootloader.  For Linux.  Hence:  LInux LOader.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power