Re: Squeeze install hangs reading CD drive

On Tue 15 Feb 2011 at 16:54:32 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> A "netiso" image should be able to proceed with the installation with no
> CD/DVD media (or drive) at all. Just imagine all those netbook with not
> DVD drive, wouldn't they be able to install Debian? ;-)

A very reasonable, and accurate, observation.

> I think this can be an error of the hybrid image. No CD/DVD drive should
> be queried with this ISO (even less to stop the installation), unless the
> user explicitey asks the installer to search for that path.

An error? In what way? From my understanding of the process described
(which is very limited) at the bottom of the page at

http://wiki.geteasypeasy.com/Hybrid_ISO/IMG_format#Recording_to_flash_media_on_Linux

the system thinks the USB stick is a CD drive. But, as you say, the CD
drive is not involved.

> I would go for BTS.

I would go for a lower capacity USB stick and disconnecting the CD PRM
in the machine. But that's only because I have time on my hands, :)

--
Brian