Re: 64bit vs 32bit on a 64bit System

Andrei Popescu put forth on 2/9/2011 9:32 AM:
> On Mi, 09 feb 11, 16:01:32, Boblitz John wrote:

>> We are running a ProReliant server and it will be used to host the a
>
> You probably meant ProLiant, which seems to be a brand of servers that
> exists since Compaq still existed.

ProLiant is the brand name of HPs x86 based servers.  Compaq's x86 ProLiant
servers beat the crap out of HP's NetServers in the marketplace (though the
NetServers were good machines).  After the acquisition HP killed their own x86
server line and stuck with Compaq's, including the name:  ProLiant.  It was a
pretty smart move, actually.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/index.html

--
Stan