Re: /etc/apt/sources.list

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:04:49 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Sb, 12 feb 11, 13:40:58, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> So, should people running "sid" also add the whole "testing" repo under
>> all circumstances (as default policy) or just when some package is
>> broken and is in the need of back to the previous version or something
>> is missing? :-?
>
> Can you think of a case where having testing in sources.list can hurt on
> a sid machine?

No (maybe it would require to play with repositories priorities), but I
also find not good reasons to have it both enabled "by default", unless
you fall into a very specific situation that it requires. Being a fast-
moving repository, "unstable" should be "healed" by itself very quickly.

Anyway, all in all I find this is more a user's decision.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón