Re: bad surprise using ghostview (gv)

On 02/12/2011 08:59 AM, Bernard wrote:

...snip...
If, discarding the use of 'gv', I just print the ps file directly as
follows:

lpr -PDeskJet-1120C myfile.ps

I get exactly the same printing result (poor quality, black and white)
...snip...

If I'm understanding correctly what you've written, it seems to me that your problem may not be ghostview. I think you might want to try specifying different drivers for your printer to see if others might work better.

You might also want to provide a bit of information about your system.

I run Debian testing on all of my systems, and I recently had to switch from hpijs drivers to CUPS+Gutenprint on all of my HP LaserJet printers for a similar problem. (They weren't dithering or shading properly, but simly printing black & white.)

-Gilbert