Re: Help with my Squeeze upgrade! (missing fonts)

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:04:07AM -0800, Erin Brinkley wrote:
> Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
>
> > I think you probably want to look if it's in the output
> > of fc-list, and then use that font name.
>
> Roger, I think that must be the problem then. fc-list gives me a little more than 1300 font names, but this one (LMTypewriter10) is no longer on that list. So I guess my question is, how do you get fonts (that are installed on your system from some Debian package) to go on that list?

They should be put there automatically unless there's some weird
screwup.  As an example, I use the TeX Gyre fonts in non-TeX
applications, and they all show up in the fc-list output.  I'm
afraid the details are all a bit like black magic to me :(

fc-list certainly shows up lots of "LM" fonts, including LMMono
(could it be just a different name?) and LMRoman etc.

% fc-list | grep '^LMMono*10'
LMMono10:style=Italic
LMMono10:style=Regular

Is that any use?  They all come from
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm from the "lmodern"
package FWIW.

Regards,
Roger

--