Re: weired problem around grub2

Hello,

tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hello, did you check (blkid, vol_id ...) that you don't have two
> partitions with the same UUID, since one is a "restored image" it's
> possible that it still has the original UUID, and grub is going to look
> at UUID's first.
>
> My 2 cents...

Good point! - No, I did not thought about that.
So just checked this:

cat /proc/partitions | grep "[0-9]$" | wc
- result is 12

ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/ | wc
- result is 12 too

Thinking a bit closer to my way of backup and restore - it could not have
happened. I used tar with --one-file-system for backup and -p on restore,
which should not touch the uuid or label of a filesystem.

kind regards

Gero