Re: Anyone else having problems installing Squeeze Stable on AMD64?

Bob Proulx wrote:
ailo wrote:
Tried:

*debian-6.0.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso,
*debian-6.0.0-amd64-netinst.iso
*mini.iso (for amd64).

For the first two I have tried installing from usb stick using
unetbootin to create it.

I don't know but that may not work since recently when the images are
not usb bootable without modification.  I would guess that unetbootin
(whatever that is) will try to create a usb boot the old way and fail.

Unetbootin works fine with Squeeze, you can find it in the Squeeze repos.

  See 4.3.1. Preparing a USB stick using a hybrid CD or DVD image
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en

You shouldn't need to use special tools to build usb boot images anymore.

The first I have also burned to cd.

That should definitely work.

Each time I try installing it will fail at retrieving packages, saying
that lots of packages are corrupted.

This makes me think you have chosen a broken mirror.  Try chosing a
different mirror site.  Or that your network is causing bit errors for
some reason.  (Have seen that in the long past.)

Bob

--
Jimmy Johnson

SimplyMEPIS 11.0 Beta-1 at sda12