Re: Anyone else having problems installing Squeeze Stable on AMD64?

Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Unetbootin works fine with Squeeze, you can find it in the Squeeze repos.

How is it better than simply using 'cp'?  On my system /dev/sdg is a
usb flash device.  For example I did:

  cp debian-6.0.0-i386-netinst.iso /dev/sdg

I am sure that unetbootin has been awesome.  It wasn't completely
trivial to create usb bootable media before and if unetbootin did that
then that is excellent and I don't want to disparage it in any way.
But I think it is no longer needed now that 'cp' is sufficient.  (Feel
free to substitute in 'dd' or 'cat' as your personal preference. :-)

A really nice feature of the new Squeeze is that it is no longer
necessary to do anything special to create usb bootable media.  Just
copy the iso directly to your usb flash device and boot it.

  See 4.3.1. Preparing a USB stick using a hybrid CD or DVD image
  http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04s03.html.en

Bob