Re: X freeze the system after upgrade

On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:05:17 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Yep, yep, disabling KMS works for me.
>
> (...)
>
> KMS should work "out-of-the-box" with ati cards.

Apparently it doesn't work out-of-the-box for my old ati card.

Also, quoting from

Disabling Radeon KMS
http://tomlowshang.blogspot.com/2010/04/disabling-radeon-kms.html

"Kernel Mode Setting (KMS) for the ATI Radeon RV280 chip is not ready for
primetime yet so i decided to disable KMS and revert to User Mode Setting
(UMS) for now. KMS is the future but it is too immature on the Radeon
hardware. . . "

> If not, I would open a
> bug report (use the bug tracking system of whatever distribution or
> derivative you are running).

Ok, I'll update to the latest kernel available, and start from there...

Thanks everyone that replied!!!

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/