Re: Upgrade to 2.6.32-5-amd64 failing miserably

also sprach lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com> [2011.02.02.1044 +0100]:
>         How could I assemble the arrays manually when the system won't boot?

At the busybox command line.

The command output you provided is from the 2.6.32-3-amd64 kernel.
I need you to provide me with this output after trying to boot the
2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel. Since it fails to assemble the arrays, it
will not be able to mount the root filesystem. Hence it will drop
you into a shell. The message

  /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

just says that there is no real tty. But busybox should still start
and let you type commands. At this stage you can gather all the
information, store them to media (see "Saving debug information" on
http://wiki.debian.org/InitramfsDebug), and then either assemble the
arrays by hand and let the boot continue, or reboot and publish the
gathered data from 2.6.32-3-amd64.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info