Re: Upgrade to 2.6.32-5-amd64 failing miserably

martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach lrhorer <lrhorer@satx.rr.com> [2011.02.02.1044 +0100]:
>>         How could I assemble the arrays manually when the system
>>         won't boot?
>
> At the busybox command line.
>
> The command output you provided is from the 2.6.32-3-amd64 kernel.
> I need you to provide me with this output after trying to boot the
> 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel. Since it fails to assemble the arrays, it
> will not be able to mount the root filesystem. Hence it will drop
> you into a shell. The message
>
>   /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>
> just says that there is no real tty. But busybox should still start
> and let you type commands.

        No, that's the whole point.  It locks up.  It doesn't just launch the
BusyBox shell, awaiting a command.  It doesn't respond to the keyboard.
I thought I made that clear when I said, "...hangs completely."  If
that weren't the case, I could have investigated further myself.
Without a responding system, though, and no way to save logs, I'm
stuck.