Re: help

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:30:49 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 February 2011 11:59:28 Camaleón wrote:
>> Hum... if I interpreted correctly your words, you think "sudo" is
>> intended for non-expert users and I don't think so, but the opposite:
>> "sudo" (as I see) is for people who know what involves and what it
>> means and not many newbies know very well how permissions are managed
>> in their systems and don't care mu
>
> I read this completely the other way round, as meaning that anyone
> expert enough to install and configure sudo in Debian, wouldn't be
> asking simple questions.  Newbies in Debian wouldn't be using sudo at
> all, so mentioning it to them is not helpful.

I don't get it, Lisi.

In Debian you can easily go for one or another path.

Should you want to use sudo, you can select it with the expert install or
you can configure after the installation (if standard root login was
selected).

> Ubuntu newbies, of course, would be using sudo, but should not be on
> this list.

He, he... so you think? :-)

> Ergo, any newbie asking questions on this list has not got sudo.  (The
> conclusion I too had come to right at the beginning of this thread.)

I think any Ubuntu user that now is using Debian would of course ask
where is "sudo" and probably want to have it setup also in Debian, which
is an easy task.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón