Re: help

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 11:59:28 Camaleón wrote:
> Hum... if I interpreted correctly your words, you think "sudo" is
> intended for non-expert users and I don't think so, but the opposite:
> "sudo" (as I see) is for people who know what involves and what it means
> and not many newbies know very well how permissions are managed in their
> systems and don't care mu

I read this completely the other way round, as meaning that anyone expert
enough to install and configure sudo in Debian, wouldn't be asking simple
questions.  Newbies in Debian wouldn't be using sudo at all, so mentioning it
to them is not helpful.

Ubuntu newbies, of course, would be using sudo, but should not be on this
list.

Ergo, any newbie asking questions on this list has not got sudo.  (The
conclusion I too had come to right at the beginning of this thread.)

Lisi