Re: [OT] Gmail's not-that-fancy features (was: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found)

> Ah, I thought you were having problems to check if your message reached
> the list becasue Gmail gracefully "hides" the copy sent by the mailing
> list server.
>
> Then, why are you having problems to check your e-mails? :-?

I don't think I follow you. I'm posting with a standalone newsreader.
This has nothing to do with my email except for the fact that I had to
subscribe to linux-gate with it and send an email before the first post
to l.d.u.

> Anyway, if in doubt, checking mailing list archive can help to diagnose
> it:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/01/mail5.html

Doesn't the archive show posts that are already published? My problem was
that I wasn't sure if my post ever reached the news server because there
were some problems with connection.

> No, Google groups are most like forums.

Well yes, you're right. But I'm sure you're aware that Google archives
all the news groups. And the archives can be accessed uniformly through
Google groups -- and they let you post as well. But it's not very
comfortable really.

> I mean posting through a "nntp"
> server, like Gmane... and know that I see, like your "aioe.org" news
> server. Glad to know this list is also available from another news
> server :-)

I think it's accessible through quite many other servers as well. Perhaps
some of them have less issues then the others. Gmane maybe is safer and
has better spam filtering (as far as I understand it) but then again it
doesn't carry most of the interesting groups. But I guess it's pretty
useful for the GNU/Linux developers?

Regards,
KB