Re: Spam Rules, per argument (Re: Any package for surveys?)

On 28/01/11 16:50, Chris Brennan wrote:

Chris: thank you for your reply.

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM, elbbit <elbbit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't "work" like you do.  I live in a world without money,
>> without rules and restrictions, without deadlines and targets.  I
>> don't labour anything - I leisure everything.
>
> So Simon, you must be the poor man I pass on the street every day
> and give Quarters to for coffee?

No.  I don't need money.  You guys really don't get it do you?  That
there exists a man, somewhere on the internet, who logs on, learns
information, does what he wants, without being told what to do, and eats
enough food that I am actually putting weight on!  I have megabit
bandwidth good enough for YouTube and I am very content.

> Here is a label for you to chew on YOU ARE A SPAMMER!
I forgive you for being misguided.

> *THIS* list is for FreeBSD-related questions not for you to shove
> your inflammatory words down our throats.
The primary reason I included freebsd-questions is that I was once a
member of that community, and whilst I still code in BSD when it floats
around my Wi-Fi I am not an overly active participate at the moment.  My
second reason is that during my "subscribed" time on the list I found
the members to be very highly knowledgeable, in fact, my opinion is that
the BSD's have some of the world's greatest technological minds
associated with them.  If you understand the significance of the world I
am writing about, and that it is possible, maybe you will understand why
I am attempting to reach those who could have the maximum effect.  Only
by applying our minds to the our situation will we be able to move forward.

> You've made your point, now please go away. No one *ON THIS LIST*
> wants to read your words, we no longer care about your opinion or
> what it means because you clearly don't care about our opinion for
> you to change the subject and get on a topic for this list.
I understand your frustration.  However, I am asking if you know of any
way in which we can move the world forward using free software as a
means?  You, me, the world, we are all here together, and a global
awakening is happening.  If it is not me it will be someone else, sooner
or later.

> Speaking of topics ... just because a mailing list is open for you
> to send mail to DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN SPAM IT WITH NONSENSE!!!!!
I forgive you.  The combination of words that I am currently writing
into Thunderbird which will move through the system to your screen and
into your consciousness for you to make a decision on what combination
of words to write back... can be "spam" for you, or "idea" to another.

> freebsd-questions has a purpose and it would be wise for you to
> adhere to it,
I am no wiser than you.  Nobody has once yet said "oh, yeah, you reckon
you can change the world then, yeah, well, what do you reckon is gonna
replace money?"

Instead, all I see is bickering over whether or not I am "permitted" to
send mail to you.  If we can work together on this problem, we will find
the solution.

> there are also rules of etiquette which you should also adhere to.
Please direct me to etiquette, in particular, to the part which you feel
I have not adhered to.

> Each piece of mail you have sent has been reported to your
> ISP/Carrier.
I understand that you are more motivated to forward mail with many key
strokes instead of a single push of "DELETE."

> Each piece of mail you continue to send will lodge you yet another
> complaint.
I forgive you for being so misguided.

> I will continue to do this till I piss your ISP/Carrier off SO bad,
> they are left with two choices .... nullroute me or deal with you
I forgive you.  I do not know what the ISP will do, nor do I know if
they will forgive you.

> .... since I have many thousands of domains at my disposal, I think,
> from a business perspective, they will choose to cut you off,
You are not superior to me, and you are not inferior to me.  We are the
same, as humans.

> cold-turkey then deal w/ the technical resources required to
> continue to block me, also if enough other people from both the
> freebsd and debian lists complain, your ISP/Carrier may even choose
> to seek legal action from you.
I do not fear the truth.  I am merely expressing an opinion.  I am
allowed to have an opinion, am I not?

> You *are* in violation of your agreement, a legally binding contract
> in your country of origin and the ISP/Carrier.
You may not know this for sure, because my agreement may even be verbal.

> Simon, do not reply, we no longer wish to here your dribble and we
> so desperately wish for you to crawl back into the hole whence you
> came.
I came from my mother, just as you came from yours.  I am not sorry you
are unable to accept that my opinion differs from yours, and I hope that
we resolve this.

Simon

--

elbbit