Re: VirtualBox 4 fails building kernel module (the same with nvidia module)

MRH <misiek_spam@o2.pl> writes:
>On 23/01/11 04:53, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
>> and I had to revert two commits to fix it:
>>
>> 7b8ea53d7f1865cd8f05dfb8f706a4ff5a72abcf (makefile: not need to
>> regenerate kernel.release file when make kernelrelease)
>>
>> 01ab17887f4cdcb8bb5a5d1bc3b160d186e6e99b (Makefile: "make kernelrelease"
>> should show the correct full kernel version)

>I'm afraid it's a bit beyond my skills at the moment - I guess it's
>about getting source tree by svn and reverting the changes applied by
>getting previous version of a file?

You need to have the git kernel tree, and you use the "git revert"
command. The second commit to revert (01ab1788) has a conflict when
reverting, but that's pretty easy to resolve (if you know what you're
doing :-))

>Thanks anyway - I hope it will start working for me at some point :)

I haven't had time to look into what the correct fix would be, but I may
have some time in the next few weeks. I'll put it on my todo list.