Re: Where are "xrandr" settings stored?

On 2011-01-22, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I faced a "chicken-egg" problem :-)
>
> I have a virtual machine (virtualbox) in a notebook with Squeeze
> installed and wanted to add an external 17" LCD display (native
> resolution is 1280x1024).
>
> The problem came when I mistyped the command and gave xrandr a "wrong
> value" to use (by "wrong value" I'll just say that viewable screen area
> was 1280x60... yes, that reads "60" for the screen height).

[...]

VirtualBox stores the last window size for each guest OS, in the file
~/.VirtualBox/Machines/[machine_name]/[machine_name].xml. For example:

	<ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastGuestSizeHint" value="720,400"/>

(I think you mentioned elsewhere in this thread that you tried the same
experiment on a USB stick, with the same result, but the above could
help you recover the guest OS' dimensions.)

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland