building a desktop that will be supported by Lenny

I'm about to get a new desktop and want to run Lenny on it.  I'm replacing a
seven-year-old PC, now running Lenny, that has been crashing off and on for a
couple of years.

When I built my first Debian machine, I had to use testing (Etch at the time)
because stable (Sarge) didn't yet support my NIC.  Is there anything in new
hardware that I should particularly avoid because it might not be suppprted
by Lenny?  I'll be keeping the old peripherals, so this only concerns the
components inside the case.

Thanks.