Re: Re (2): message threading in debian lists; was Re (6): OpenVPN server mode usage.

On Tue January 18 2011 20:12:47 Bob Proulx wrote:
> peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> > Are you suggesting that all of dalton's 'net traffic
> > go through the tunnel and Joule?  Are you suggesting
> > that all of joule's 'net traffic go through the tunnel
> > and dalton?  Aren't both significantly disadvantageous?
>
> I am suggesting that you have such a complicated routing setup that it
> is causing you difficulty and that you should simplify it by some
> method.  You listed five (5!) route commands in your configuration.

Once your routing gets that complexicational you might
want to consider using a routing deamon such as Quagga.

You could probably use OSPF over the tunnels but we
prefer to use private BGP, with each office and laptop
and customer office network a separate private AS.

BGP gives us better control of route propagation than
OSPF.  For example sysadmin laptops can communicate with
customer office networks for maintenance purposes but
customer office networks cannot see each other.

--Mike Bird