Re: Re: How to make an upgraded system clean by automatically removing abandoned config files?

> Unfortunately, that project appears to be dead.  There has not been a
> release or even an SVN commit since Lenny, and I suspect cruft will
> report a lot of false positives in Squeeze.

Cruft seems like it would be an ideal tool, but you're right that there
were some false positives. It reported some 13k files, which seems like
a lot. Included at the top were the following that really stood out:

        /boot/initrd.img
        /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-5-powerpc
        /boot/vmlinux
        /etc/X11/default-display-manager