Re: Re: How to make an upgraded system clean by automatically removing abandoned config files?

> Selective use of the "cruft" program will help you clean up an existing
> system.  It compares the list of normal files and conffiles for installed
> packages against the file system and reports extras--cruft.

The concept fits the bill. :) Unfortunately, I tried it out and there
were too many files listed. (~13k). I don't know enough about a healthy
GNU/Linux environment to pass judgment on virtually any of them without
doing research on each. (I did notice some very important files that I
wouldn't want to delete, and that were marked as "unexplained", a
category that marked over 99.9% of the packages.)

Thanks for the tip though. :)
-Drew