Re: Maximum size of temporary files

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:50:00 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Jochen Schulz writes:
>
>> Rodolfo Medina:
>>>

>>> All right, I didn't want to be prolix.  This happens when I try to
>>> catch a streaming video from internet.  On my system, while the video
>>> is running from the web, it is stored in the directory
>>> ~/.mozilla/firefox/<garbage>/Cache.  After it's all stored, I collect
>>> it from there and `mv' it at my pleasure.  Now, usually when the file
>>> reaches 5.5MB, a new file is created in /tmp and the loading continues
>>> there.  So the video gets broken into small pieces that I have to
>>> search for here and there, which is uncomfortable.  That's why I want
>>> to know how to get rid of that limit of 5.5MB.
>>
>> What about about:config, media.cache_size? Just a guess.
>

> It's not a matter of Cache size, that I already set to a very large
> value: it's a problem of single files size.

Can you post a link with a video sample?

I have no problem to get the whole video stored in the cache folder when
watching them at Youtube, provided the whole cache size of the browser is
set to a higher value that the video occupies.

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -lh .mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/Cache
total 15M
-rw------- 1 sm01 sm01  20K ene 14 11:30 04319A4Dd01
-rw------- 1 sm01 sm01  50K ene 14 11:20 0901E388d01