Re: Help with a bash script please

On 14 January 2011 20:32, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
> I don't want to keep you from learning shell scripting, but I generally
> advise against scripting your own backup solution. From my experience
> the result is error prone, tends to attract feature creep and is hard to
> deploy to new environments. I suggest taking a look at rsnapshot. It's
> even extensible with custom scripts. ;-)

I have rsnapshot installed and working as well but it's on the local
machine that these backups are being created on.
I use it as a read only directory for the office ladies (or myself) to
"undelete" a file or permanent edit.
I hadn't thought of using it in a backup sense.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.