Re: eagle CAD (corrections)

On 01/12/2011 01:33 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:30:19 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 01/11/2011 05:20 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
Hi Guys&  Gals

I haven't used eagle in many moons and have a need to use it for a new
project. ISTR that my installation "used' to autoroute the board but I
can't seem to get the latest testing version  autoroute.
                                                       ^ To    "

I 'think' that there was a way to run eagle, as root, the first time
and get autorouting to work. I tried that without success. I searched
for a README in the eagle docs also without success.

Anyone have eagle running with autorouting care to pass on the what I
have to do to get it working? I am trying with version 5.1.0-1.
                                                         ^ 5.10.1-1

I know nothing about this program but maybe if you tell what error are
you getting when trying to autoroute maybe someone can give you a clue on
how to start debugging it.

For what it can be read from Cadsoft website¹, the Lite Edition does not
seem to have any restriction related to this, beyond the size of the
board area (4 x 3.2 inches) :-?

¹http://www.cadsoftusa.com/freeware.htm

The error is that the user is running the Free Version and therefore autorouting is not supported.

IIRC 4-5 years ago when I first installed Eagle I got that same message.
After reading the Debian.Readme for eagle I discovered that root had to run eagle first and then users were able to use the autorouting feature.

apt-cache show still states that Eagle supports autorouting, and there are no bugs outstanding, so I think thatI there is something I am missing.

I should have been more verbose but those that do use Eagle (I think)
would have understood my first post.  My apoligies for the lack of
including the error message.

Wayne