eagle CAD

Hi Guys & Gals

  I haven't used eagle in many moons and have a need to use it for a
new project.  ISTR that my installation "used' to autoroute the board
but I can't seem to get the latest testing version does not autoroute.

  I 'think' that there was a way to run eagle, as root, the first time
and get autorouting to work. I tried that without success. I searched for a README in the eagle docs also without success.

Anyone have eagle running with autorouting care to pass on the what I have to do to get it working? I am trying with version 5.1.0-1.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne