Directory synchronization packages

Hello, all.  We are looking for a Lenny/Squeeze package to synchronize
directories between our physical desktops and our X2Go (www.x2go.org) /
Trinity (KDE3 - trinity.pearsoncomputing.net) based virtual desktops via
sshfs and have had difficulty finding an acceptable package that is
friendly for all levels of users to use within a GUI.  Any suggestions?

We noticed that there is a package for unison-gtk but have some
reservations.  As powerful as unison is, it is no longer maintained.
The GUI seemed intuitive to a developer but not to an average office
user.  There was no way to browse hidden directories other than entering
them by hand.  So our search began especially for something that would
work well on KDE3/Trinity.

We looked at Krusader and were very impressed but it appears to be a
simple copy rather than an rsync style differential block
synchronization.

We look at Komparator but it is KDE4 based, has a UI that seems
overwhelming to an average office user, and seems more oriented toward
search and compare than sync.

We had great hopes for FreeFileSync but it seemed feature poor and the
user interface was unusable.  We may have mangled the setup since there
is no Debian package and we had to pull in boost and wxwidgets to get it
to compile and work at all.

We are considering DirSyncPro.  Again, there is no Debian package.  It
is Java based which concerns us regarding memory and CPU consumption
when we are trying to squeeze as many virtual desktops onto a host as
possible.  It does seem to be fairly full featured and actively
developed.  Our packet traces show it does appear to do block level
synchronization.

Right now our front runner is DirSyncPro followed by crafting Konqueror
service menus based upon unison.  We like the ease of use of the latter
idea but think it will be too "dumb" and brings us back to unison being
unmaintained.

Have we missed any options? I should mention that the synchronization is
usually bi-directional so a simple rsync front end is not a good option.
Thanks - John