Re: Sound recording in Debian Lenny

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:44:20 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> I need a sound recorder, and would prefer that it be in Debian Lenny,
> but a dual-boot would be possible.  It must fulfil the following
> criteria:
>
> 1) Be managed by someone who knows a little bit about Linux, less about
> Debian and absolutely zilch about sound recording and balancing etc.
>
> 2) Ideally, usable by someone who knows even less about computers and
> sound recording, but can use this package without too active a helping
> hand.

(...)

"Krecord" could be an option but is not in the repos anymore, maybe you
can search in the snapshot archive:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/krecord/1.16-3/

Probably that packages wwere for Debian 4.x, not sure if it will install
in lenny :-?

Or you can try to compile from sources:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KRecord+-+Wav+Recorder?content=26436

Just note that this is an old and discontinued application that required
KDE 3.4 and all its Qt 3.x libraries.

So you can explorer another packages, like "qarecord":

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/QARecord?content=112651

(maybe you can still find a release that works under Qt3...)

Another option could be installing the "gnome-media" metapackage that has
the gnome-sound-recorder app, but I personally, prefer not to mix desktop
environments libraries/applications (call me "old-fashioned", but I hate
dealing with silly DE collisions :-P).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón