Re: Problems installing on Dell R310

Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen@iki.fi> wrote:
> I had similar problems with R410. I think problem lies in way DRAC
> card is recognized at boot and it's virtual drives.

I too have had problems in this area on DELL systems with a DRAC. Without
reference to my notes I'm relying on memory, but the bottom line is that
during installation there is an extra drive visible to the OS.

For example, my (legacy) grub menu.lst entries would have had something
like "root=/dev/sdb5" but after installation these would have needed
correcting to "root=/dev/sda5".

Chris