Re: How do I set up compiz ? No xorg.conf anymore ?

In-line :-

2010/12/12 Bhasker C V <bhasker@unixindia.com>:

Hi Bhaskar,

> Shirish,
>
>  Can you try X -configure
>  That will give you a base xorg.conf.new with auto-detected values (this
> file will be present in your home directory (/root/xorg.conf.new if you are
> running this as command as root)

done.

>  You can copy it to /etc/X11 after backing up the old file in that location
> (if any)

The probelm is one can try as per the guide I posted.

http://linux.koolsolutions.com/2009/04/24/howto-resolve-x-server-video-driver-errorscrashes-in-debian-linux/

I tried  $X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

That didn't work. All I get is a blank screen. Then I ave to
physically shut off the machine/system.

>  After this, try to you can install compiz and do
>
>  compiz --replace
>
>  If that does not work, it would start giving out messages which you can
> google out
>  and start fixing it...

This will come when Xserver boots up and shows up stuff. What I'm
getting all the time is a blank screen.

This is not good.

--
          Regards,