Re: How do I set up compiz ? No xorg.conf anymore ?

shirish शिरीष:

…
> Now I'm on an Intel machine (GMA31 chipset) and there's no /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Have you tried to run Compiz without altering the xorg.conf? The wiki
suggests you might not need it anymore. My Intel system running sid
certainly doesn't.

> I am/was mainly looking for howto restart X.

If enabled, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace will kill your current X session.
Otherwise, restart your login manager (xdm/gdm/kdm).

J.
--
I wish I could do more to put the sparkle back into my marriage.
[Agree]   [Disagree]