How do I set up compiz ? No xorg.conf anymore ?

Hi all,
 How do I set up compiz. I downloaded compiz and the compiz-manager
using this wiki page.

http://wiki.debian.org/Compiz

I used the minimalist gtk option and then added the gnome-bit so that
it works with GNOME - The WM I use.

$ aptitude search compiz
p   cairo-dock-compiz-icon-plugin  - Cairo-dock - Compiz icon plug-in
p   compiz                         - OpenGL window and compositing manager
i A compiz-core                    - OpenGL window and compositing manager
v   compiz-core-abiversion-2009061 -
p   compiz-dev                     - OpenGL window and compositing manager - d
p   compiz-fusion-bcop             - Compiz Fusion option code generator
p   compiz-fusion-plugins-extra    - Compiz Fusion plugins - extra collection
p   compiz-fusion-plugins-main     - Compiz Fusion plugins - main collection
p   compiz-fusion-plugins-unsuppor - Compiz Fusion plugins - "unsupported" col
i   compiz-gnome                   - OpenGL window and compositing manager - G
i   compiz-gtk                     - OpenGL window and compositing manager - G
p   compiz-kde                     - OpenGL window and compositing manager - K
i A compiz-plugins                 - OpenGL window and compositing manager - p
p   compizconfig-backend-gconf     - Compiz Fusion configuration system - gcon
p   compizconfig-backend-kconfig   - Compiz Fusion configuration system - kcon
i   compizconfig-settings-manager  - Compizconfig Settings Manager
p   libcompizconfig-dev            - Configuration settings library for compiz
i A libcompizconfig0               - Configuration settings library for compiz
i A python-compizconfig            - Compizconfig bindings for python

Now I'm on an Intel machine (GMA31 chipset) and there's no /etc/X11/xorg.conf

$ ls /etc/X11
app-defaults             twm    Xreset      Xsession.d
default-display-manager  X      Xreset.d    Xsession.options
fonts                    xinit  Xresources  XvMCConfig
rgb.txt                  xkb    Xsession    Xwrapper.

I searched and found this
http://linux.koolsolutions.com/2009/04/24/howto-resolve-x-server-video-driver-errorscrashes-in-debian-linux/

I am/was mainly looking for howto restart X.

So should I create an xorg.conf with the parameters given ?

Looking forward for help and advice as to how to proceed.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल