Re: How do I set up compiz ? No xorg.conf anymore ?

Shirish,

 Can you try X -configure
That will give you a base xorg.conf.new with auto-detected values (this file will be present in your home directory (/root/xorg.conf.new if you are running this as command as root)

 You can copy it to /etc/X11 after backing up the old file in that location (if any)
 After this, try to you can install compiz and do

 compiz --replace

 If that does not work, it would start giving out messages which you can google out
 and start fixing it...