Re: User stylesheets with mozilla browsers

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 06:35:35AM EST, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:56:08AM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

> > Is there any way I could use a custom stylesheet to make my web browser
> > rearrange text in two or more columns so I don't get my eyes crossed
> > when I'm reading?
> >
> > Come to think of it, a web browser with vertical vim-style vertical
> > splits, where you could display the contents of 2-3 tabs side by side
> > would be nice.

[..]

> This site doesn't give you two columns, but does offer
> a variety of other choices to make websites more legible.
>
> Gets installed as a javascript program in a bookmark
> that you click on to reformat a site.
>
> http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

For H's sake.. I don't even use a bookmark toolbar :-)

Not having a clue as to what this thing is/does.. where the source is...
who the blessed author is and how long he plans on staying alive and
hopefully maintaining his creation... such as keeping abreast of browser
upgrades in an timely fashion, for instance.. I'll pass on this one :-)

All that stuff kinda reminds me.. of Microsoft Windows practices.. you
drool, you click, and yet another piece of potential scumware graciously
installs itself and infects your computer.

Add-ons, indeed...

Nothing personal, I assure you: To be honest, I did activate the
bookmarks ‘bar’ in seamonkey and checked what this add-on does before
(hopefully..?) removing it. If nothing else, playing with it gave me
perspective in an area of computing I am totally unfamiliar with.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion.

FYI, y'all.. css3's ‘column-width’ and ‘column-count’ may need a bit of
tweaking my end yet, but that's what I was looking for.

HTH :-)

cj