Re: Non native English speaker is checking whether a phrasing should be filed a minor bug report.

On 30 Nov 2010, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Yes, it is obviously changing.  These days it is preferred to use,
> "proved," as the past participle of prove instead of, "proven."  The
> same goes for, "strived."  To me it seems that language change is,
> therefore, a gived.

Well, this is getting considerably off-topic, but "proved" and "proven"
should be used in diffent contexts. "Proven" is a legal term, as in the
verdict permitted in Scotland, "not proven", which means "We think you
did it but the prosecution hasn't made its case." Apart from this the
right form is "proved", as in "the theorem has been proved".

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk