Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 07:24 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> A quick test: drop/move the non-transparent icons anywhere in the panel
> but "notification-tray" to check if they keep transparency or still show
> with a solid background.
>
> > I'll have another look on Thursday, will post if I found a solution.
>
> O.k. :-)

I can say with 100% certainty that the icon's itself are transparent.
I replaced the rhythmbox icon with the empathy icon, to make sure I was
looking at the correct one, and added a new application launcher to the
panel with that icon, that shows up perfectly transparent, but the ones
in the notification area don't.
I'll stand by my assumption that this is an issue with GtkStatusIcon.
Reinstalling several packages didn't help.

Perhaps I should file a bug report for gnome-panel.

Regards,
Steven