Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy

On Sun, 2010-05-02 at 15:46 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:33:59 +0200, Steven wrote:
(...)

> There is an open bug, but the weird thing is that in your case it works
> in one computer and fails in the other :-?
>
> ***
> gnome-panel: some application icons lost transparency in notification area
> ***
>
> Anyway, check if the affected applications make use of "EggTrayIcon".

I found a patch for Rhytmbox dating February 10 2010, which replaces
EggTrayIcon with GtkStatusIcon, looking at the source I'd say this
change is already present in Squeeze.
So I'd say the bug you mention doesn't affect Rhythmbox, or the bug is
assigned to the wrong package.

Sources checked:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rhythmbox/rhythmbox_0.12.8.orig.tar.gz
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rhythmbox/rhythmbox_0.12.8-1.diff.gz

Regards,
Steven

PS. Second attempt for this mail, I might have selected the wrong sender
in my previous attempt.