Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy

On Mon, 03 May 2010 21:30:53 +0200, Steven wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 19:07 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> AKAIK, Rhythmbox plugins got splitted from main package and now fall
>> into "rhythmbox-plugins". So if the upstream version with the patch on
>> "GtkStatusIcon" was included into Debian packages, the "diff" should be
>> visible and available there.
>>
> Correct, the folder structure clearly shows the plugins folder, it is my
> understanding that both packages come from the sources I mentioned in my
> previous e-mail.
> In that plugins folder, for the notification icon, GtkStatusIcon is
> used, the diff doesn't mention either EggTrayIcon or GtkStatusIcon, so I
> would assume that patch is included.

O.k. then let's assume the patch is already applied :-(

> Still leaves me with this issue, unfortunatly.

Yep. But that should not discourage you :-)

What we have is that:

1/ The issue only happens in one computer (and not other), with the same
version of the packages installed.

2/ Neither creating a new user nor a new panel works.

So... maybe the icon cache is corrupted?

That would fit with the above two cases as the icon cache could have been
corrupted in just one of the computers and still, creating a new user or
a new panel wouldn't prevent the problem from happening because icons
location is a system wide setting.

You can check if the icon being used is the correct one (the one with
alpha channel to get transparency).

I know there is a command to force a rebuild of the GNOME icons cache, so
if you feel adventurous enough - disclaimer, I never tested it before,
this can lead to unforeseen results-, you can also try it ("man gtk-
update-icon-cache").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón