Re: gnome panel tray icons transparancy

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 13:13 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2010 21:30:53 +0200, Steven wrote:
>
> O.k. then let's assume the patch is already applied :-(
>
> > Still leaves me with this issue, unfortunatly.
>
> Yep. But that should not discourage you :-)
Your right, it shouldn't :) I'll keep an eye out for any solution,
perhaps I can look into it a bit more in-depth on Thursday.

> What we have is that:
>
> 1/ The issue only happens in one computer (and not other), with the same
> version of the packages installed.
>
> 2/ Neither creating a new user nor a new panel works.
>
> So... maybe the icon cache is corrupted?
I rebuild the cache for both gnome (the icon theme I'm using) and
gnome-alternative (found in /usr/share/icons), yet no effect (also
restarted X). Also there's no rhythmbox icon in that folder, but these
are in /usr/share/rhytmbox/icons, no cache present there.

> That would fit with the above two cases as the icon cache could have been
> corrupted in just one of the computers and still, creating a new user or
> a new panel wouldn't prevent the problem from happening because icons
> location is a system wide setting.
Perhaps, but rebuilding didn't do the trick, also, the desktop (with
issue) was installed from a netinstall cd just a few (maybe 2 or 3)
weeks after the (good) laptop install. No idea how that cache would have
got corrupted

> You can check if the icon being used is the correct one (the one with
> alpha channel to get transparency).
I don't think there's one without it in current installations.

I'll have another look on Thursday, will post if I found a solution.

Regards,
Steven