Re: Tool to perform same task over several hosts at same time.

Aaron Toponce wrote:
> François TOURDE wrote:
> > Or cssh from the clusterssh package.

Or look at dsh.

   Executes specified command on a group of computers using remote shell
   methods such as rsh or ssh.
   .
   dsh can parallelise job submission using several algorithms, such as
   using
   fan-out method or opening as much connections as possible, or
   using a window of connections at one time.
   It also supports "interactive mode" for interactive maintenance of
   remote hosts.
   .
   This tool is handy for administration of PC clusters, and multiple
   hosts.
   .
   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html

> I was also going to recommend the clusterssh package. That has made my
> day-to-day administration of 300+ SSH servers an absolute joy.

Not to knock cssh, I am familiar with it and use it too for a small
number of hosts, but how do you handle 300 open terminal windows on
the display all at once?  (Before it gets to that point I start
scripting things.)

Bob