Re: Keeping Lenny via /etc/apt/sources.list when Squeeze becomes stable

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

http://debian.slimdevices.com/dists/
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/

Why not choosing another mirror that can handle codenames? Or is that a
special mirror, different (non synced) from Debian ones?

For standard mirrors, should you want to keep Lenny (and as soon as
Squeeze comes out), if you are still pointing your repos to "stable"
you'll get into troubles.

Hi Camaleón, the first link in your email confirms that slimdevices/Squeezebox categorizes Debian releases as stable-unstable-testing only, without using codenames.  According to the slimserver installation guide (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/DebianPackage) it only recognizes "stable".  Commenting the line out of sources.list and manually controlling when to un-comment it is an acceptable solution for me though.  Small trade-off for being able to use my Squeezebox!

Thanks,
Mark