Re: Keeping Lenny via /etc/apt/sources.list when Squeeze becomes stable

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 09:15:46 -0800, Mark wrote:

> 2010/12/21 Jesús M. Navarro
>> Hi:
>>
>> >On Monday 20 December 2010 15:17:06 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> >
>> > This will work for a while,
>>
>> For a value of "a while" about a year.
>>

> Thanks for the replies everyone.  One of my old desktops is dedicated to
> running as a Squeezebox slimserver, and in the /etc/apt/sources.list
> file when I changed "deb http://debian.slimdevices.com *stable* main" to
> "deb http://debian.slimdevices.com *lenny *main", it returned an error
> during "aptitude update".  So I guess for the debian.slimdevices server,
> "lenny" cannot be substituted for "stable".  I just commented out that
> line for now, and will manually un-comment that line in the future to
> update as needed.

http://debian.slimdevices.com/dists/
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/

Why not choosing another mirror that can handle codenames? Or is that a
special mirror, different (non synced) from Debian ones?

For standard mirrors, should you want to keep Lenny (and as soon as
Squeeze comes out), if you are still pointing your repos to "stable"
you'll get into troubles.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón