Keeping Lenny via /etc/apt/sources.list when Squeeze becomes stable

Hi,

I am giving my parents a laptop for Christmas this year that I put Lenny on and as I'm on the other side of the country, want to make sure they stay on Lenny until I am home in the future to upgrade to Squeeze after it officially becomes the Stable release.  I've seen some emails about using "Lenny" instead of "stable" in the /etc/apt/sources.list to force aptitude to keep a Lenny system.  Is this the official/accepted method?  Currently I have the standard "stable" entries in sources.list, plus backports.  Nothing fancy about the installation, stock kernel, etc.

Thank you,
Mark