Re: "No devices found" in X

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:02:33 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

> On Monday 20 December 2010 18:40:02 Camaleón wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:16:42 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
>>
>> Why not? :-)
>>
>> Because I'm seeing (one day and another, in this same list and in other
>> Debian lists) that Intel driver is failing (crashing) very often and
>> doesn't seem to provide an easy method to bypass these problems.
>>

> Well, I don't  want to start a war, but I have machines with Intel,
> nvidia and ati graphic card. Intel one has proved to be the stable one
> over the past two and a half years. And it was going to be a must for
> future machines. So I will follow this link to see how it resolve. But,
> also you are running your own kernel and you said that stock kernel are
> not a trouble....

Intel drivers have been very stable, yes, but my personal feeling is that
they were until KMS entered into play and this is just my personal point
of view, do not take it as a "plain fact" which is not, this feeling
comes from the comments/posts I'm reading in another linux mailing lists.

OTOH, is not "me" who has a custom kernel but the OP ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón