Re: usb drive nolonger registers on one pc, still registers on another

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 02:54:54PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:46:21 -0500, Thomas H. George wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 07:31:30PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> >> Just for testing purposes... what happens if you disconnect the USB
> >> cable of the UPS unit from the computer and boot up the system
> >> afterwards? Are you getting the same warnings when plugin the USB hard
> >> disk and still fails to be detected with "fdisk -l"?
> >>

> > Yes.  I can't keep the USB hard disk connected to the computer.  As soon
> > as it is connected the attempts to "enumerate USB device on port 2" keep
> > scrolling by as sequential addresses are tried.  When the highest
> > address (125?) fails it starts over at address 5 (there are four other
> > USB devices attached and working normally).
>
> Remove all the USB devices that are attached to the computer and just
> leave the USB hard disk. Are you still getting the warnings when only 1
> USB device is connected?

Yes.  Disconnected USB mouse, printer, dvd-rw drive, scanner and ups.
Then connected the USB hard drive and again a continuous stream of
"unable to enumerate USB device on port 2"

> > I entered fdisk -l while the scrolling continued and the three sata hard
> > drives were detected (the response interleaved in the scrolling) but the
> > USB drive was not detected.

Tried rmmod ehci_hcd which removed the module.  This did not help, same
result as above.

Tom