Re: Mozilla products in Debian

On Ma, 14 dec 10, 09:37:29, Lisi wrote:

> > > I was under the (mis?)apprehension that things were only installed from
> > > backports if I specifically asked for them, i.e. "-t lenny-backports" was
> > > added to aptitude, and were only updated if already installed.
> >
> > 'apt-cache policy iceweasel' should tell you/us more.
>
> <quote>
> lisi@Tux:~$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
> iceweasel:
>   Installed: 3.5.15-1~bpo50+1
>   Candidate: 3.5.15-1~bpo50+1
>   Version table:
>  *** 3.5.15-1~bpo50+1 0
>         200 http://backports.debian.org lenny-backports/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      3.0.6-3 0
>         500 http://mirror.ox.ac.uk lenny/main Packages
>         500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages
> lisi@Tux:~$
> </quote>

AFAICT this means that backports packages are installed only on demand,
with -t (lower priority then lenny), but they will be automatically
updated (higher priority then installed versions). Looks like the
recommended backports setup.

> I am sitting in the corner with my dunce's hat on, and I haven't even got a
> nice fat plum. :-((

Don't be so hard on you, it can happen to anyone. Once I called my
company's IT-support (international phone call) because I was not able
to log on. It took me almost 10 minutes to realize I changed my password
the day before. I was so embarrassed...

Regards,
Andrei