Re: Postfix SASL SMTP AUTH help, please.

s. keeling wrote:
> and (for the heck of it):
>    /etc/init.d/postfix restart
> What am I missing, or how do I get SASL SMTP AUTH working?

In Debian postfix is run chroot'd in /var/spool/postfix.  Therefore
all of those files you are changing in /etc need to be replicated into
the chroot.  This is already done in /etc/init.d/postfix for several
other files.  You need to add the sasldb2 file to that list.

Add etc/sasldb2 to FILES in /etc/init.d/postfix:
  -                FILES="etc/localtime etc/services etc/resolv.conf etc/hosts \
  +                FILES="etc/sasldb2 etc/localtime etc/services etc/resolv.conf etc/hosts \

Then when you restart postfix those files will make it into the chroot
and you should be good to go.  On a quick look that was the only thing
I thought was missing.

Some time ago I wrote this up on how to get SASL working in Debian.
It currently has hostnames customized to help a friend out with a
specific environment.  I need to update it again.  I haven't tried it
on Squeeze and probably need to update it for that reason too.  So
expect it to be less than perfect.  But just the same I think it might
be general purpose enough to help you out and if nothing else will
give you an alternate view of things.

  http://www.proulx.com/~bob/doc/HOWTO-Postfix-SASL.html

Bob