Re: RAID1 with multiple partitions

On 10-12-15 11:59 AM, David Gaudine wrote:
The temporary hostname is in each ARRAY line in mdadm.conf. As I understand it, the temporary hostname is also in the superblock, and these must match or I won't be able to boot. So, do I have to do something about the superblock (how?), or just edit the name in the ARRAY lines, or not touch it at all? I'm afraid to experiment because my last encounter with "rescue mode" (trying to fix my grub-install mess) didn't go very well.

Sorry to answer my own question, but a power failure caused a corrupted filesystem on another computer and gave me a free IP to experiment with. So, I went ahead and renamed my computer. I did edit the name in mdadm.conf, and the system booted without problems.

David