Re: Debian 5 installation

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:14:33 +0000, H Scott wrote:

(...)

>> > Before I do that I have to get sound from my c-media driver.
>>
>> If you need advice, ask. But no need to be so picky when someone
>> replies to your messages. If do not understand something, just ask the
>> user what is he/she referring to >:-)

> You think, Cameleon, that I am picky because I think an OS with an
> automatic configuration should be able to correctly configure a Nvidia
> TNT2 video card with a CMedia sound board. Slackware and Zenwalk do a
> fine job of it.

No. I think you are "picky" for replying in the manner you did to someone
who tries to help you.

> Let me say that in one regard you are mistaken You must
> register first before using this userlist.

No, you don't.

This mailing list is "open" to anyone, for both reading and posting:

***
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

This list is not moderated; posting is allowed by anyone.
***

Subscribing is an option for those who want to receive e-mails from the
list in a regular basis.

> Secondly I don't appreciate you editing my messages! I know it makes you
> look great but it aint honest.

"Honest"? What are you talking about?

I have to edit your messages because you are using a top-posting style
that it's hard to follow. Sorry if you don't like it, but this is the
common way of doing it when posting/replying to mailing lists.

In addition, your e-mail client leaves the whole header of the message
you are replying and that information is not needed at all, this is not a
B2B correspondence.

> You have told me absolutely nothing except to seek help from outside and
> it's probably the best piece of advice I have received. Thank you.

Then make yourself a favor, calm down and re-read the whole thread again.
It seems to me that you have understood nothing :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón